Website Heritage University
We’re not just another university — we’re a community. With hands-on learning close to home and a faculty that cares about your success, Heritage invites you to start your career path here.
TITLE: Coordinator of Experiential Learning & Simulation
COLLEGE/SCHOOL/DEPT.: Arts & Sciences/ Nursing DATE PREPARED: December 2019
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Coordinator of Experiential Learning and Simulation oversees the day‐to‐day operations of the learning
resource centers and simulation suites to ensure authentic experiential learning events. The Coordinator serves as
a simulation pedagogy expert resource for faculty and students and advances interprofessional collaboration in
simulation activities. The learning resource center and simulation suites provide students with a state of the art
multimedia education learning center which includes computer-based learning programs, simulation mannequins,
and other technology-enhanced learning aids for independent and small‐group learning; and an innovative
simulation home, where students have experiential learning in family and community-oriented learning in
preparation for family and community-oriented practice experiences.
1. Doctoral degree preferred/master’s degree in nursing.
2. Minimum of 3 years of experience in teaching.
3. License to practice nursing in Washington
4. Excellent communication and writing skills, computer skills and experience in nursing simulation is
preferred. Acts with minimal direct supervision.
1. Ten and a half month position (August – July) typically 1 FTE
2. Reports to the Chairperson of the Department of Nursing.
1. Plan, direct and manage the day‐to‐day operation of the learning resource centers and simulation suites.
o Coordinate learning resource center and simulation suites resources as well as order supplies and
o Make recommendations for (purchase of) equipment and education aids to enhance clinical
o Maintain and update equipment, software, and supplies necessary for effective use of the
learning center, including proper functioning of all simulation mannequins or other simulation
o Prepare resources as requested for weekly classes or direct assistant/student workers in this
o Maintain master learning center and simulation suites calendar.
2. Develop collaborative relationships with healthcare partners regarding simulation.
o Network with healthcare and community resources to promote and attain support for the center.
3. Serve as a resource to students and faculty in the use of simulation pedagogy.
o Assist faculty with the conceptualization, development, and implementation of simulation
scenarios and learning experiences.
o Coordinate training in regard to new equipment, technology, and other materials for faculty, staff,
and students. Train and assist professional personnel in the incorporation of simulation into
curricula, including the development of educational materials, the structure of the session, selection of
appropriate equipment, and use of assessment instruments.
o Stay current with health care technology and simulation pedagogy.
4. Develop, implement, and revise simulation scenarios that are based on baccalaureate and graduate
5. Gather, interpret, and disseminate data to guide faculty decision making in regard to teaching, curricular
planning, resource allocation, and quality programming using simulation.
6. Operate simulation equipment to produce experiential learning events.
7. Direct clinical laboratory education activities.
8. Represent Heritage University in the most positive manner with prospective, former, and current
students, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of
faculty, staff, students and other customers of our services. Learns and uses operating practices of the
department and Heritage University.
9. Uphold the Heritage University Mission Statement.
10. Handle confidential information with tact, discretion, and in compliance with FERPA regulations.
V. AUTHORITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY
Accountable to the Nursing Chair and Director of the BSN Program
Direction provided to administrative staff, simulation suite student workers, and nursing students
APPLICATION INFORMATION AND DEADLINE: Applications should include a cover letter, vitae/resume,
transcripts (copies acceptable for initial screening), and names, addresses, e‐mail addresses and phone
numbers of 3‐5 current professional references.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply, please email application material to: Humanresources@heritage.edu or Heritage University
Office of Human Resources 3240 Fort Road Toppenish, WA 98948
To apply for this job email your details to Humanresources@heritage.edu