WebsiteEverett Community College
Nursing Instructor – Tenure Track
Posting Number: 02228
Department: Nursing/ Health Science
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Live and work in a diverse community nestled between the Cascade Mountains and the Puget Sound, just 30 miles north of Seattle. A beautiful and growing campus with state-of-the-art facilities and strong partnerships with regional universities makes Everett Community College a perfect destination for your career and your life.
Everett Community College is seeking a Nursing Instructor committed to making a difference in the lives of students, families and children.
This is a full-time position and will teach in a variety of classroom, clinical and laboratory settings; advise prospective and current students and participate in nursing faculty activities to develop, implement and evaluate nursing program policies, curriculum and instruction.
We are seeking an individual who can work collaboratively with clinical agencies and community partners, and model the role of the professional nurse for students.
Candidates must be able to communicate effectively in oral and written English in the classroom and with colleagues, staff, students, and administrators.
Everett Community College’s mission is to educate, equip, and inspire each student to achieve personal and professional goals, contribute to our diverse communities and thrive in a global society. Furthermore, the College’s vision, strategic plan and core themes value, respect and uphold equity, cultural competence and inclusion. We are committed to hiring an instructor who exemplifies the vision, mission and core values of our institution.
Everett Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or age.
– Bachelor’s in Nursing and Master’s Degree with a major in Nursing from an accredited institution.
– Current license to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Washington or the ability to obtain a license by September 1, 2019.
– Evidence of acute or long term nursing practice within the last three years;
– Evidence of working with diverse populations.
– Demonstrated ability to uphold the standards of professional nursing;
– Demonstrated ability to model the role of the professional nurse;
– Demonstrated ability to participate as a team member and organize effectively
– Experience and coursework in professional nursing program curriculum development and/or curriculum evaluation;
– Experience with advising students interested in a nursing career;
– Experience in a long term care setting;
– Documented successful classroom and clinical teaching experience in nursing at the post secondary education level;
– Evidence of experience with teaching nurses using both high and low fidelity simulation;
– Experience with team-centered work groups;
– A philosophy of education appropriate to, and familiarity with, the community college setting.
Everett Community College follows the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA ) and provides the following information as a guideline for applicants:
• Ability to operate office equipment
• Ability to read and verify data and prepare various materials
• Ability to exchange information on the phone or in person
Work Hours: Varies
Posting Date: 07/24/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First consideration will be given to applications received by August 23rd.
Official transcripts from all schools where a degree was earned are required upon hire.
Notice to Applicants
In compliance with federal and state regulations, EvCC is committed to a safe and drug-free campus. Employees are required to comply with EvCC’s policy prohibiting illegal drug use or activity, including notification of criminal drug convictions and the use of prescription drugs or over-the-counter medications that are likely to affect job safety.
The complete policy is available at the EvCC Policies page. If you would like a printed copy of the policy, or if you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at 425-388-9229.
Safety and Security
EvCC strives to be a safe, secure and prepared campus for our students, staff and community. Detailed information regarding campus security, crime statistics for the most recent three year period, and other information is available on the Campus Safety, Security and Emergency Management page.
This information is required by law and is provided by the EvCC Security Department. If you would like a printed copy of this information, you may contact the Security Department at (425) 388-9990.
Salary: $63,389 – $66,558 Sept – June +Legislative approved increase
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1567134
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.