Website Gonzaga University
Gonzaga University’s Department of Nursing seeks to fill a 50%, 9-month, non-tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Lecturer-IR beginning spring semester 2021. This individual will teach primarily in the FNP program and will also be a liaison for Western Washington State FNP clinical placements to external healthcare partners in the region.
Ideally, the candidate for this position will reside in the Seattle/Puget Sound area, with the understanding that there will be on-campus service responsibilities throughout the academic year, as well as expected participation on committees and meetings through video-conference and other technologies.
• Teach up to 6 credits of theory and/or practicum courses per semester as assigned.
• Completes clinical site visits and three points of contact each semester with clinical sites, preceptors and students as assigned.
• Actively seeks out new clinical opportunities as needed
• Evaluates clinical sites and preceptors to ensure quality learning experiences for students,
• Facilitates optimal relationships between clinical personnel, clinical facilities, faculty, and students.
• Works closely with the Clinical Operations Group to support the clinical placement enterprise.
• Pursue relevant professional development, including clinical practice, as needed to maintain APRN licensure and certification.
• Master of Science in Nursing.
• Two years clinical experience as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
• Eligible for an unencumbered Washington state RN license and Washington ARNP license.
• Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
• Doctoral preparation in nursing or a related field.
• 3-5 years of experience in the clinical setting as a FNP in the Seattle/Puget Sound area.
• One-year graduate-level teaching experience in academia.
• Six months online teaching experience desirable.
• Experience supporting students with diverse backgrounds.
• Demonstrated knowledge about cultural competence in academic and health care settings.
To apply, please visit our website at: www.gonzaga.edu/jobs. Applicants must complete an online application and electronically submit the following required materials: a letter of application, a current curriculum vitae (CV), a one-page statement of teaching philosophy, a diversity statement no longer than two pages indicating a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The statement should include information about culturally fluent practices, and contributions to diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice, and racial equity. The statement should relate to healthcare services and direct experience working with students who are members of traditionally marginalized groups, graduate transcripts, and the names and contact information for three references. Please direct inquiries to Dr. Janalee Isaacson at email@example.com. Position closes Monday, November 16, 2020 at midnight, PDT. For assistance with your online application, call 509.313.5996.
Gonzaga University is a Jesuit, Catholic, humanistic institution, and is therefore interested in candidates who will contribute to its distinctive mission. Gonzaga University is a committed EEO/AA employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit gonzaga.edu.